Tech Corner -Video Chat Tools
Room by Spreecast is a simple way to have free, instant video, audio and text chat calls with up to three other people simultaneously. With Room, anyone you invite can join the video call without having to sign up. You can share your screen in two clicks allowing you to present your charts, website, designs or documents. Use text chat to share links or copy and paste text, and you can save your favourite rooms for quick access later.
Room for web requires no download, no sign up, supports screen sharing and so much more. Room can be accessed from your iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC computer (using latest Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browsers). Room is available at the iTunes store or by visiting https://room.co/#/
Spreecast (the maker of Room) also provides a creative web streaming platform that has some advantages over other services including Skype, Google Hangout or GoToMeeting.
- Easy access: directly from web browser using an email to sign-up rather than downloading an application
- Unlimited audience: anyone can tune into the video and take part in the conversation via the message board, (max. 4 contributors).
- Audience interaction: Spreecast offers unique opportunity for video streamers to interact with their audience on a live message board but the producer can also bring an audience member on camera at any time
- Meeting hosting: by creating private video sessions, entrepreneurs can take advantage of Spreecast by using it for business meetings. Limited to four people on screen at once, others can contribute to the conversation and join the video if the producer brings them on screen. For small businesses with employees working remotely, this can be a useful tool for meeting face to face.
Click HERE to download the full edition of The Business Accelerator Magazine for June 2015.
Other articles in this edition:
- 2015 Individual Tax Return Checklist
- 2015 Companies, Partnerships, Trusts & Other Business Tax Checklist
- 2015/16 Budget Overview
- Small Business Measures 2015
- Personal Taxation 2015
- Other Budget Measures 2015
- FBT Changes 2015
- Keeping Track Of Your Business Growth
- ATO Issues Scam Warning
- ATO Data Matching Targets